The Sims games are open-ended games and will need a unique set of beaten and completed criteria.
- Play a Sim who starts with no children until they become a grandparent.
- Play a Sim that has achieved a lifetime goal.
- Reach the top level in one career track.
- Have at least one member of a household be or be turned into a robot, a supernatural creature or an alien.
- Play at least one household to 10 generations.
- Play a poor household until they can afford to buy the most expensive residential lot in the neighbourhood.
- Collect all (available) ghosts and gravestones/urns.
- Have any number of Sims be turned into all (available) non-normal states.
- Receive all career rewards and reach the top level of all careers, including branches.
- Have any number of Sims achieve all (available) lifetime goals.
- Complete a challenge.
- Complete 10 challenges.
I have documented my progress in The Sims Criteria Checklist spreadsheet.
Given these criteria, I have beaten both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. At one time I did have all of the expansions and stuff packs for The Sims 2 but I never managed to play a single household to 10 generations. I would personally still like to achieve that.
Designing & Building
Above, I have only talked about the “live” mode of The Sims but a major component of the game is designing and building, and personally my favourite part of the games. I would really like to do more of that.