No Man’s Sky is a game with no linear structure or story, it’s gameplay is built on four pillars—exploration, survival, combat and trading. I am going to list some of the goals I have when playing.
- Survival — My first task will be surviving the planet I originally started on. If the planet is harsh and I have the resources to move to another planet in the solar system, I’ll try to do that.
- Exploration — Next, I will explore my surroundings, cataloguing the local flora and fauna. I will also be on the lookout for structures built by intelligent life. I would very much like to learn an alien language, which will help with my next goal.
- Trading — While I hope to spend most of my time exploring planets, I would also like to interact with other species.
- Combat — I plan on doing as little combat as possible. This will probably change.
- Explore the bottom of an ocean.
- ✓ Fly, jump or walk to the top of a mountain.
- ✓ Discover all the planets in a single solar system.
- ✓ Travel to another solar system.
- Discover a binary system.
- Find a tropical paradise.
- ✓ Find and explore a cave system.
- ✓ Discover a carnivorous plant.
- ✓ Discover a flying animal.
- ✓ Discover a marine animal.
- Discover an amphibious animal.
- ✓ Discover a dinosaur-like animal.
- ✓ Discover an ancient artefact.
- ✓ Discover an ancient ruin.
- ✓ Visit a space station.
- Discover a portal.
- Travel through a portal.
- ✓ Survive the first night.
- Learn an alien language.
- ✓ Upgrade my suit so that it can sustain me on harsh planets.
- ✓ Upgrade my suit so that it can sustain me on the bottom of an ocean.
- Build a base
- ✓ Take lots of screenshots.
What do you plan on doing while playing No Man’s Sky? Let me know in the comments.
(Image property of Hello Games)